What follows is a history of cricket on Sevenoaks Vine and of Sevenoaks Vine CC, which are somewhat intertwined, and acknowledgement of people who have made considerable contributions to the evolution of this story over time. We acknowledge our
in separate sub-sections.
Here is a timeline of our heritage:-
- 1734, 6th September. First recorded match on Sevenoaks Vine
- 1773, The Vine presented to the people of Sevenoaks to play cricket on for ever by John Frederick Sackville, the 3rd Duke of Dorset.
- 1777, 18th June. Introduction of the third stump on The Vine.
- 1850, Pavilion is built, now listed.
- 1894, Bandstand built.
- 1934, 16th – 21st July, Bi-Centenary Cricket Week. Click here for Pathé news reel
- 1972, Winners Kent Premier League 1st XI.
- 1973, July, SVCC and The Sevenoaks Hockey Club agree to a union that forms The Sevenoaks Vine Club.
- 1975, Pavilion extended.
- 1978, Winners Kent Premier League 1st XI.
- 1982, Orchard Field, Otford, acquired.
- 1984, 250* costume match celebrations.
- 1987, 16th October. The Great Hurricane destroys 6 oak trees at the north end of the ground
- 1987, 6th December. Seven new oak trees are planted, making a total of eight.
- 1997, Winners Kent Premier League 1st XI. Finalists of Evening Standard Knockout Competition.
- 2009, Friday 10th July. 275* Celebrations Vs Lashings World XI
- 2011, Winners Clark Trophy
- 2012, Winners Clark Trophy; Winners Brian Luckhurst Spirit of Cricket award
- 2014, Winners Kent Premier League 1st XI; Winners Brian Luckhurst Spirit of Cricket award; Winners Clark Trophy