Our juniors section offers coaching and matches to children (boys and girls) of all abilities from the age of 5 upwards, from 20th April 2017 (30th April 2017 for U7/U9) to 14th July 2017. The “minis” to Under 9s currently learn the art of the game on Sunday mornings from 10.00 until 12.00 at our Otford Ground.
Older age groups are coached on weekday evenings at our Otford ground and we enter teams into the Invicta League at U11, U13, U15 level.
We have ECB ClubMark accreditation which means we adhere to rigorous quality standards with all of our coaches are DBS checked. Child welfare is extremely important to us and we have a dedicated CWO to ensure that each child, and their parents, have an independent point of contact for any concerns.
Please click on the teams in the menu to the left to see their fixtures, match reports and team information.
Courses and Coaching
In addition to regular training we recommend our juniors to attend courses run by Invicta. For details of Invicta course over Easter and the summer, please follow the following link http://invictacricketcoaching.co.uk/courses/
Code of Conduct
Sevenoaks Vine CC is fully committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of all members, be they junior or senior, at all times.
Important Information – Preparing for Sessions
- All cricketers should come to training sessions and matches with plenty of fluids and sunscreen during hot days. Cricketers should not share drinking containers.
- All junior cricketers, when batting, must wear a helmet with face-guard that complies with British Standards (please see the ECB web site for up to date details and please read the ECB guidance notes). These are supplied by all leading manufacturers. They must also wear protective leg pads, abdominal protector/box, batting gloves, and use a bat that is fit for purpose. Whilst we recommend that all players have their own kit (specifically box and helmet) the club does carry spare equipment for each age group in case of need. The suitability of club equipment is monitored by the coaching team.
- Wicketkeepers, when keeping up to the stumps, where a hard ball is being used, must wear a helmet with a face guard that complies with British Standards. All wicketkeepers must also use a protector/box, wicket-keeping gloves and leg guards.
- We do not accept parental authority for juniors to remove their helmet (as above) under any circumstances.
- Appropriate footwear should be worn.
- If in doubt on any of the above points please speak to any of the club coaches.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to stay and watch their children be coached or play their games, though this is entirely at your option.
Junior Contact details:
- Co-Heads of Junior Cricket:- Omar Iqbal / Catherine Procter
- Mobile:- 07798 780 303 / 0777 0592 675
- Email:- Select ‘Omar Iqbal or Catherine Procter’ in the email form on our contact page
- Junior Membership Secretary:- Catherine Procter
- Mobile:- 07770 592 675
- Email:- Select ‘Catherine Procter’ in the email form on our contact page
You will find membership details and forms in the Membership section.
Join our “Juniors mailing list”
If you are interested in joining our juniors section or finding out more about the courses we run then please join our juniors mailing list. Please click this link or email Catherine Procter using the contact page.