SVCC is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members.
SVCC believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents, carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others by following this Code of Conduct for Children and Young People.
Therefore, SVCC members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Safeguarding Officer.
Please note the term ‘children’ or ‘child’ describes any person under the age of 18.
As a member of SVCC you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct in your behaviour:
- All members must play within the rules and have fun, whilst respecting all officials and their decisions, and all the players including the ones from other teams;
- Support and encourage your team mates. Tell them when they have done well and be there for them when they are struggling;
- Be a good sport, celebrate when SVCC wins and be gracious when we lose;
- Respect and celebrate differences within SVCC – the rights, dignity and worth of all participants and not discriminate against anyone else on the grounds of gender, race, cultural background, sexual orientation, religion or ability;
- Follow the SVCC Anti-Bullying Policy and report any incidents of Bullying, including homophobia and transphobia to an SVCC Committee member, even if you are just a witness;
- Treat other young people with respect and appreciate that everyone has different levels of skill and talent;
- Mobile phones are not to be used or turned on in changing rooms, as per the SVCC Changing Room Policy;
- Junior members must not smoke, vape or consume alcohol or any illegal substances on our premises or during practices, competitions or when representing SVCC.
- Make SVCC and each activity a welcoming and friendly place to be.
As a child taking part in SVCC activities, we would like you to:
- Keep yourself safe by listening to you coach or team manager, behaving responsibly and speak out when something isnt right;
- When you are with SVCC, stay in the places where you are supposed to be, don’t wander off or leave without telling your Coach, Team manager or Parent/carer;
- Take care of SVCC equipment and premises as if they were your own;
- SVCC members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late;
- SVCC members must wear suitable kit – for matches: a club shirt, white cricket trousers, white socks, cricket boots or other suitable footwear, and have access to a helmet, batting gloves, an abdominal guard and for training sessions, as above but a club training shirt – or otherwise as agreed with the coach/team manager;
- Wear appropriate kit for the weather, for example a cap for the sun;
Version: March 2021